NQF-HETR (National Qualifications
Framework for Higher Education in Turkey)
|Turkish Language and Literature Program Outcomes (PO)||Program Outcomes (PO)|
|KNOWLEDGE||Theoretical Conceptual||1. Possess advanced level theoretical and practical knowledge supported by textbooks with updated information, practice equipments and other resources.||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||X||PO.1. Evaluates the texts of Turkish Language and Literature in literary and philological terms from the beginning to the present day.
PO.2. Gains knowledge in the field of Turkish language, literature, and culture, which is required for having a grasp of the literature. Uses the research methods and techniques utilized in this field.
PO.3. Achieves the ability to use Turkish in a correct, beautiful, and understandable way by examining the Turkish language in terms of phonology, structure-morphology, syntax, and semantics;
PO.4. Examines the historical development of the Turkish language within the framework of texts; identify their linguistic features like content, phonetic, morphology, etc.
PO.5. Gains knowledge of the development and change of the Turkish language from the first inscriptions that emerged as a written language.
PO.6. Gains knowledge of the developmental stages of historical and contemporary Turkish dialects, phonetic/morphological knowledge, and vocabulary.
PO.7. Gains knowledge of the basic subjects of Old Turkish Literature such as “aruz” prosody, rhyme, “redif” (repeated voice/ word after the rhyme), and poetry forms. Recognizes the historical periods, poets/authors, and works of Old Turkish literature.
PO.8. Recognize the general features of historical texts, reads, and analyzes the texts.
PO.9. Identifies the basic characteristics of the periods in the history of New Turkish Literature; observes and evaluates the new forms and themes playing a role in the period, the new literary language and imagism. Evaluates male and female literature, and author-text-reader relations from romanticism to realism, from modernism to postmodernism, from feminism to existentialist and psychoanalytic approaches; compares with the old and determines its effects on the aftermath.
PO.10. Recognizes the world literature and culture (gender roles, customs and traditions, language, culture, etc.) closely and achieves the opportunity to compare it with Turkish literature and culture. Compares the literary texts of different nations.
PO.11. Recognizes the genres and forms of Turkish folk literature from the beginning. Gains an idea about the works of folk poets and writers according to centuries.
PO.12. Recognizes, analyzes, and discusses the written and oral sources of Turkish cultural history by learning the basic concepts, theories, and methods in the field of folklore.
PO.13. Acquires the competence to perceive, criticize, think and evaluate how to analyze a literary text.
PO.14. Knows Atatürk's Principles and Revolutions; Adopts the Kemalist ideology.
PO.15. Creates, organizes, and shares information about his field by utilizing information and internet technologies.
PO.16. Gains proficiency in a foreign language in order to read and understand studies conducted in English.
PO.17. Conducts interdisciplinary studies using the data obtained from different disciplines of social sciences in order to approach cultural activities comprehensively.
PO.18. Develops a positive approach for lifelong learning.
|SKILLS||Cognitive Practical||1. Use of advanced theoretical and practical knowledge within the field.
2. Interpret and evaluate data, define and analyze problems, develop solutions based on research and proofs by using acquired advanced knowledge and skills within the field.
|COMPETENCES||Competence to Work Independently and Take Responsibilty||1. Conduct studies at an advanced level in the field independently.
2. Take responsibility both as a team member and individually in order to solve unexpected complex problems faced within the implementations in the field.
3. Planning and managing activities towards the development of subordinates in the framework of a project.
|Learning Competence||1. Evaluate the knowledge and skills acquired at an advanced level in the field with a critical approach.
2. Determine learning needs and direct the learning.
3. Develop positive attitude towards lifelong learning.
|Communication and Social Competence||1. Inform people and institutions, transfer ideas and solution proposals to problems in written and orally on issues in the field.
2. Share the ideas and solution proposals to problems on issues in the field with professionals and non-professionals by the support of qualitative and quantitative data.
3. Organize and implement project and activities for social environment with a sense of social responsibility.
4. Monitor the developments in the field and communicate with peers by using a foreign language at least at a level of European Language Portfolio B1 General Level.
5. Use informatics and communication technologies with at least a minimum level of European Computer Driving License Advanced Level software knowledge.
|Field Specific Competence||1. Act in accordance with social, scientific, cultural and ethic values on the stages of gathering, implementation and release of the results of data related to the field.
2. Possess sufficient consciousness about the issues of universality of social rights, social justice, quality, cultural values and also, environmental protection, worker's health and security.